According to i-graduate’s International Student Barometer (ISB), the world's largest survey of international students, UK universities still lead the global pack for international student satisfaction. The UK remains as one of the world's leading study destinations for international students because of the first-class experience offered by universities. The report includes statistics on the international appeal of UK universities.
Findings at a glance:
- International students are more likely to recommend the UK than any other leading English-language study destination. The UK ranks 1st compared to the USA, Canada, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands for recommendation from international students – this is true at all levels of study* (undergraduate (UG), postgraduate taught (PGT), postgraduate research (PGR)).
- International student satisfaction in the UK overall is higher than in any other of these countries, again at every level*. Satisfaction is particularly high among international UG students in the UK (92%), and this is increasing year-on-year.
- The UK ranks 1st among its competitors for international students' overall satisfaction with support services and overall living experience at their UK University.
- The reputation of the institution is the most important factor in international students' decision to choose the UK at the UG and PGT level (93% and 95% respectively). For PGR students, the most important factor is the research quality (97%).
- 14% of international UG students used a social networking site to help them choose where to study. This has grown from 8% in 2012.