PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
PCR COVID TEST
- Check with your airline to find out if you need to take a PCR Covid Test prior to boarding the airline. The test should usually be done at most 48 hours before your flight.
PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM
- It is mandatory for all passengers to fill the Passenger Locator Form online 48 hours before arrival in the UK/Ireland. The form MUST be filled ONLINE and you should keep a printed/PDF copy with you.
- The form must be shown to the UK/Ireland Immigration Officer. It will take you a longer time to enter the UK/Ireland if you fail to complete and show the form.
- Make sure you have all the essential documents that are needed for your travel, i.e, Passport, BRP, University letter, Student ID.
- Since there might be changes in the regulations from time to time, be sure to stay updated with the latest travel guidance.
FIT TO TRAVEL
- Make sure you are not presented with Covid-19 symptoms (continuos cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, etc.) and that your body temperature is below 37.5C.
- It is compulsary to wear a face mask at the airport as well as on the plane so make sure you have enough supply. Certain airlines such as Qatar Airways provides face mask, face shield and a sanitization kit for their passengers.
- Have a bottle of hand sanitizer and use it as appropriate to protect yourself and others from the virus. When possible, wash hands frequently.
FOOD & DRINKS
- Bring along some food as restaurants/eateries are closed at night and early morning.
WHO SHOULD SELF ISOLATE?
- If you DID NOT travel on a direct flight from Malaysia and transited in countries that are NOT in the list of UK's travel corridors, you are REQUIRED to SELF ISOLATE for 14 days.
- Countries such as Qatar and UAE are not in the list, therefore you MUST self isolate if you transit in those countries.
- Visit the UK Governement website to check the list as it is regularly updated.
TRAVELLING TO PLACE OF RESIDENCE
- If possible, avoid the usee of public transport when travelling from the airport to your place of residence. Try to use Bolt/Uber or get a friend to pick you up. Make sure to wear a face mask and practice social distancing as appropriate.
The UK has seen a 43% increase in positive COVID cases in the week to September 2nd 2020. This is concerning as this figure is the highest since May. As the situation exacerbated, we strongly advise everyone to adhere to the UK government's guidance whilst observing social distancing.
SHOULD STUDENTS AVOID PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION?
- Although the UK/Ireland Government has made it mandatory to wear face masks when using public transport, try to avoid the use, in order to protect yourself and others from the virus. When using public transports, do travel as off-peak times and maintain social distancing.
- Those in Dublin are advised not to leave the capital unless for work/education purposes.
REGISTERING WITH NHS GP
- Students in the UK are entitled for the National Health Service (NHS) when you've paid the healthcare surcharge (part of your visa application).
- If you are unsure which GP you're registered with, check with your University clinic.
WHERE CAN I GET FACE MASKS?
- Mercy Malaysia UK x Yani Bakhtiar: £6 per mask (including postage), batik, dual layer protection, washable and profit goes to charity.
- Iceland: £2 per mask. Reusable and washable.
- Boots: £15 for a pack of 3 masks. 3 layers, reusable and washable.
- Tesco & Sainsbury's: £5 for a pack of 10 masks. Disposable, single use only.
- Amazon: £8.99 for a pack of 50 masks. 3-ply, single use only.
WHERE CAN I GET HAND SANITISERS?
- Iceland & Poundland: £1 (60ml)
- Tesco & Sainsbury's: £1 (50ml)
- Amazon: £5.99 (500ml)
WHERE CAN I GET ANTI-BACTERIAL HAND WIPES?
- Tesco & Sainsbury's: £1 (Pack of 12 wipes)
- Amazon: £7.99 (Pack of 100 wipes)