- Letter of Undertaking (LoU) (Printed).
- Letter of Approval - Obtained from the High Commission of Malaysia, London within 1 week and at least 3 days before departure. (Printed)
- Send your passport copy with the completed LoU to firstname.lastname@example.org. State the date, time and airport of departure in the email subject.
- It is not required to get a COVID-19 test before departure unless required by the airline.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask at all times during your journey. Bring masks and a hand sanitiser with you!
- Install the MySejahtera app at least 3 days before departure to register travel information and a health declaration form.
Do I Need To Quarantine?
Yes, for 14 days at a quarantine centre. At KLIA, you will undergo a health screening and a COVID-19 test. Costs are self-borne. This is followed by registration at the International Point of Entry where you are to present the LoU.
Travelling logistics to the quarantine centre are arranged by the authoritites. Payment for swab tests and quarantine centres can be made before departure or upon arrival.
- Payment before Departure - Pay via MySafeTravel. Bring your printed receipt on the flight.
- Payment upon Arrival - Pay using cash or card.
Quarantine & Test Costs
The current 14-day Quarantine + COVID-19 test costs provided at KLIA (Malaysian Ringgit):
- Malaysian - RM2,280
- Foreigner - RM5,010
- Malaysian - RM150
- Foreigner - RM250
- Malaysian - RM2,100
- Foreigner - RM4,700
Day 13 (RTK Test)
- Malaysian - RM30
- Foreigner - RM60
There are 3 types of ongoing movement control orders (MCO) in Malaysia.
- Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) - Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Pemulihan (PKPP)
- Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) - Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Bersyarat (PKPB)
- Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) - Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Diperketatkan (PKPD)
Under the CMCO/PKPB, inter-district and inter-state travel is allowed, except to areas under EMCO/PKPD. There will no longer be police roadblocks. Vehicle limits on passengers depend on the vehicle's maximum capacity. Find out more about each movement control order (MCO) and what MCO your state is currently in.
Help, I Tested Positive!
- You will most likely have been informed by your District Health Office/Pejabat Kesihatan Daerah (PKD), who will then begin your hospital admission process.
- If you are able, travel alone to neraest Admission Hospital. If not, PKD will arrange transport for you, i.e., involve an ambulance pick-up from your current location to the hospital.
- You will then be isolated as doctors regularly monitor and treat your condition.
- Travelling within/to CMCO/PKPB areas and RMCO/PKPP areas is permitted.
- Inter-state/inter-district travelling is allowed, except to areas under EMCO/PKPD.
- Vehicle passenger limit depends on the maximum capacity of the vehicle.
- Food delivery operates from 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM.
- Dining in at restaurants is permitted. Customers must maintain a 1-metre distance between each other.
- Business owners must ensure customer check-in using MySejahtera or manually write down their details. Anybody whose temperature is above 37.5C will be denied entry.
- Non-contact sports are allowed both indoors and outdoors, with a maximum of 10 individuals (e.g., jogging, hiking).
- Religious activities are allowed, subject to a cap on attendance determined by the relevant authorities.
- Most education institutions are closed, subject to exceptions (e.g., students' exams).
- Vehicle passenger limit depends on the maximum capacity of the vehicle. All public transport operates as usual, including e-hailing.
- Dining in at restaurants is permitted. Customers must have a minimum of 1-metre distance between each other.
- Business owners must ensure customer check-in using MySejahtera or manually write down their details. Anybody whose temperature is above 37.5C will be denied entry. The 1-metre physical distance must be adhered to.
- Sports, recreational and religious activities are permitted, subject to conditions.
- Education institutions are open, this includes schools and tuition centres. Travelling to EMCO/PKPD areas is prohibited.
- Travelling to EMCO/PKPD areas is prohibited.
- Entrances and exits to and from areas where EMCO has been declared will be sealed off by PDRM.
- Individuals are prohibited from leaving their homes. Only 1 indicidual is allowed out to get neccesities and food from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Economic, social, religipus, recreational activities are prohibited.
- Target screening of individuals will be implemented by KKM.