We know that many of you will still be concerned about committing to sending your children overseas to study at the moment. Here are some quick update on how the Harrogate Ladies' College is handling their students amidst the pandemic:
- Almost 35 million people (65% of adults) in the UK have been vaccinated for COVID-19 and all adults in the UK will have been vaccinated by the end of July. (We are waiting for confirmation that children will be vaccinated in September when schools return after the summer holidays).
- New cases of COVID-19 have fallen by 97% since the start of the year. The number of infections is now at a similar level to the end of last summer and Harrogate remains below the national average.
- We have had no cases in school since face to face lessons re-started on 8th March and no boarding pupils have tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic.
- All of our staff and pupils are testing twice a week for COVID and are wearing face masks in school (including in lessons).
- Our boarding houses will open early at the start of next academic year to enable pupils to quarantine at school if they are required to.