All international students over 18 eligible for vaccination in the UK
If you have less than a minute:
- All people aged 18 and over in the UK are now able to book coronavirus vaccination in England. This includes international students.
- The US daily average of new cases is at its lowest since testing became available.
- People aged 18 and over in England are being invited to book their first Covid-19 jab.
- A total of 62,415,897 people in England have had one or two doses of a Covid-19 vaccination.
- The United States has been averaging fewer than 15,000 cases a day since early June, the lowest totals since testing became widely available.
- More than 2.62 billion vaccine doses have been administered worldwide, equal to 34 doses for every 100 people.
- The Philippines sealed a deal for 40 million doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. A total of 8,050,711 doses of various brands have so far been administered nationwide.
- In Taiwan, Taipei opens vaccination appointments for those over 75 years old. This new phase follows the arrival of 2.5 million Moderna doses from the US on Sunday.
- Australia's first locally made Covid-19 vaccine candidate set for clinical trials. Preliminary results are expected to be available in the first half of 2022.
- New Zealand signals that border closures will remain in place into 2022. The NZ government also said it will not commit to a timeline for the return of international students beyond an initial group of 400 students approved to enter the country into this month.
- In France, mandatory mask-wearing outdoors was lifted and an eight-month nightly coronavirus curfew was ended yesterday.