About Swansea University
Founded in 1920, Swansea University is home to over 20,000 students from over 130 countries. This shows our commitment on diversity. We are also a research led institution and we take great pride in ensuring our students and staffs are involved in leading edge, life-changing research with over 90% of our research classed as world leading. This shows with the Teaching excellence framework of Gold standard.
As a student at Swansea University you will not only be benefit from our academics but also from our multicultural dual-campus community that provides a global perspective and opportunities to gain skills that last a lifetime. Our unique location means that you are never far from the city or the beach so be rest assured you will find yourself right at home in Swansea.
Why Swansea University
• We are ranked Top 3 for best universities in Wales and Top 25 in the UK.
• We also rank 6th for student satisfaction and top 15 for Career prospect in the UK.
• We offer a wide range of courses for Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses.
• Affordable Accommodation & Feeding
• You will be studying in a small city with a big personality.
• Top 10 for the safest cities in the UK.
• Campus located right next to the beach.
• Ranked Top 10 for medicine in the UK.
• Ranked Top 10 for Engineering in the UK.
• Ranked Top 10 for Communication and Media in the UK.
• Over 120 societies, 50 sports clubs overseen by the student union.
• Scholarship of up to £6000.
• Professional support for employability and careers advice.
Swansea has a vibrant city centre with loads of shops, eateries and sights for arts and culture. The local language is Welsh but they speak English fluently too. The University has two campuses which are the Singleton Campus (since 1920) and the Bay Campus (since 2015) right there in Swansea.
It is the second largest city in Wales and holds a good number of historical and outstanding natural beauty spots such as the Gower peninsula, the Epic Three Cliffs, Rhossili bay and a good number of coves to explore. The Taliesin Arts Centre and the Egypt Centre located on Campus are also interesting sights. Its home to the famous Dylan Thomas and serves a good helping of Joe’s ice Cream for the sweet tooth students.
Full list of available course areas:
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.